Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summer Begins!

Things have been crazy here since school was let out for the summer last week!  My daughter graduated Kindergarten - I can't believe how quick she's growing up!  Anywho....I've had quite a few things "in the works" since my last post.  I played around with clay a bit. My daughter wanted me to make a present for her teacher, so I decided to cover pens and make a few different designs. I think I'm ready to tackle clay covered crochet hook handles now ;-)  Not too bad for my first time making canes, and creating millefori pens!


The bottom 2 went to my daughter's teacher, and my daughter already called dibs on the purple and silver leopard. But my favorite is the 3rd one down from the top. I think I may convert it from a pen into a clay handle for one of my smaller hooks ;-)




I've touched on amigurumi before - and as most of you know, I'm no ami master by any means, BUT I got a special request.  That request was a pair known as: The Joker and Harley Quinn.  After searching pattern libraries, and not finding what I thought was a good fit for their design, I decided to design my own.  At the time I may have bit off more than I could chew - but now I have not 1, but 2 original ami designs :-)  A sneak peak of the dolls right after their faces were painted on. Yes, I hand painted the faces on with fabric paint directly onto the yarn.


Pattern for BOTH of these dolls will be going out to testers soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looping with Love